Our insiders Summer bargain shopping sales and clearance are at their peak during the month of August. The end of the summer is a lot of things: warm nights, back to school, and the best time to buy seasonal items. Patio furniture, lawn & garden, and summer clothing for the whole family are the three categories to shop for at a discount as summer turns to fall. Our insiders guide to Summer bargain shopping will help you plan ahead will help you smartly choose what products are needed to complete or re-do your outdoor space, as well as what clothing items you can wear now and next summer.
We are sharing our insiders Summer bargain shopping tips and helping you navigate the markdowns to help you score the right items at the lowest prices. Check out our picks for the best stores for home and style—and what to get from each of them—below:
What and Where to Bargain Shop?
April showers bring May flowers and with them, a massive move into outdoor living. Patio seating, gardening, BBQ grills, and living accessories begin to roll into stores, igniting a desire to start planning for dining alfresco and preparing us to spend more time outside with family and friends. Because this short season starts so early, it may seem crazy that patio deals are even happening during summer but, in reality, stores are already thinking ahead to the holidays. Clearing out that space for the next big-ticket items is their #1 priority. The stores with the best earliest selection and the deepest after season cuts in the home department are:
- Walmart– They are truly a one-stop shop for all things outdoor. The deals are best explored on their website. You can expect to find conversation patio sets, dining sets, grills, gardening tools, and much more rolled back in price and on clearance. Tip: Rollback sales are a much better deal than Clearance. These special reductions are temporary and are usually 30-50% off the regular price. The best part is that they will be in stock. Act fast—the prices will go back up!
- Better Choice Products– One of our favorite furniture online shops is BCP. You can find all the classic, modern and trendy patio sets you want for your space at great prices. Their regular prices are competitive as well (if you don’t want to wait for a markdown). Tip: Check out their Instagram feed of real-life styled furniture for inspiration and ideas.
- Home Depot– We all know the gardening section at Home Depot is pretty inclusive. The patio furniture options tend to be on the pricier end, so we recommend shopping here for the outdoor tools. Tip: Take advantage of the free assembly service! Purchase your BBQ grill online and select Professional Free Assemble and curbside pickup.
Summer fashions also come in droves, preparing us to buy new wardrobes for the higher temps and putting us into vacation mode. Bargain shopping for swimsuits, flip flops, sundresses, and shorts dominate the retail floor. These items are marked down almost immediately thanks to 4th of July sales and the back-to-school fall shopping shift mid-July. That means there is a lot of inventory still available at bottom prices by August’s end. Some of the online shops we frequent the most are:
- J.Crew– Casual and chic styles for the whole family and frequent markdowns and promotions are just a few of the reasons we love J.Crew. Tip: Shop for swimsuits—their large selection of fits and styles makes swimsuit shopping a breeze. The sandals are also top quality and timeless.
- Old Navy– The constant stream of new arrivals makes the “older” merchandise drop in price just a few weeks later and stock is abundant. Tip: Stock up on tees and flips!
- Nordstrom Rack– The app is very user-friendly with its easy checkout function. If you are searching for designer deals, brand-name shoes, and quality ready to wear then this is your spot! Tip: Search for Nike, Adidas, UGG, and more designer favorites. You will be pleasantly surprised by the selection and deals!
We rounded up some online sales that are currently happening! We love bargain shopping all year round and sharing the deals with you all on Facebook, Instagram, and here on our website! Stay in the loop by following our Instagram where we share daily deals on our stories and tons more! Plus, if you grab deals from any of these stores, you can tag us for a chance to win one of our weekly $25 gift cards!