We’ve rounded up our top picks for cheap, healthy snacks to buy in bulk for your children. These are great for when you’re looking to save money but don’t want to sacrifice quality.
Look, we are always (always!) buying kids’ snacks. And, not just kids’ snacks. We also buy a lot of snacks for ourselves. Since we’ve become pros at finding cheap snacks to buy in bulk, we felt like it was time to put together a list of kid-friendly snacks available on Amazon.
As you know, we’re big fans of Amazon. They really do have everything. So, when we were looking for the best bulk kids’ snacks at the best prices, Amazon was our first stop.
We’ll talk about it more in the guide, however, we have to tell you now that before you do anything else, double-check your Amazon account and make sure you have Prime. Every snack we list out below comes with even bigger cost savings when you add it to your subscribe & save, which is a BIG perk of Amazon Prime. The value really couldn’t be higher.
But, back to snacks. We like to keep it somewhat healthy, enjoyable, well-rounded, and as close to a solid five-star review (from thousands of customers) as we can. You’ll see some fruit-based things, granola bars, and even cookies. All these snacks are guaranteed crowd-pleasers, but the list is certainly not exhaustive. For example, we didn’t know if your kids had nut allergies, so we didn’t include those, but! There are always nut options, too. Anyway, let’s get into it!
Kids snacks for school
As you may know, we have nine school-age kids between us. If that doesn’t make us snacksperts, we’re not sure what does. Cassie homeschools her kids, so they’re often rifling through the cupboards throughout the day. Ali’s kids, on the other hand, have been known to come home hangry. So, not only do we like to have a bounty of snacks on-hand, we like to pack them in lunches, and have them waiting when our kids get home. That’s where our Amazon subscribe & save memberships come in extremely handy.
Bulk snacks for kids
If you’ve never heard of Amazon subscribe & save, you’re in for a real treat! Essentially, you can save up to 15% on essentials by signing up for automatic deliveries. The cadence of those deliveries is up to you. Here are some of the main things to know:
- FREE for Prime members. If you are a Prime member, subscribe & save is already a part of your account
- FLEXIBLE. You can edit your schedule, add or remove items, skip, and change quantities at any time
- EASY. Setting up a subscription is a cinch. Amazon emails you before your deliveries ship, and if you have an Echo, you’ll get an alert to check your items from that as well
- MORE ITEMS = MORE SAVINGS. We get our bulk snacks for kids from Amazon for many reasons and the main one is that we save up to 15% on our entire order if we add five or more items to each subscription & save delivery (if you don’t have five or more, you save 5% per item). So, in this case, more snacks = more savings
We look all over for cheap groceries online and Amazon really does just make it so much easier to keep our kids happy and fed. They really can’t be beaten when it comes to bulk snacks for kids!
Kid approved Snacks to buy in bulk
Okay, we’ve made you wait long enough. Now that we’ve told you about how subscribe & save works, here are the main budget snacks we’ve been adding to our monthly order. Some of these, we even have on a two-week cadence!
- 24 counts of Pirate’s Booty for under $12 (-5%/15% on subscribe & save)
- 58 count Quaker Chewy Granola Bars for under $14 (-5%/15% on subscribe & save)
- 20 count Pepperidge Farm Milano Dark Chocolate Cookies for under $8 (we like to call these “lunch dessert,” -5%/15% on subscribe & save)
- 24 count Dole Fruit Bowls for under $12 (-5%/15% on subscribe & save)
- 40 count 1 oz Rold Gold Tiny Twists Pretzels for under $15 (-5%/15% on subscribe & save)
- 20 count GoGo squeeZ Fruit on the Go Variety Pack for under $11 (-5%/15% on subscribe & save)
Honestly, we’ve found ourselves digging into these snacks because they’re just so good and so easy. Plus, we feel good about the prices and that they almost magically just show up on our doorstep every month.
Where do you get your bulk kids’ snacks? Anything else you want to see in lists like these? We’ll keep our eye out for even deeper savings on the cheap kids’ snacks we listed and be sure to share them in The Bargain Sisters Group and on @the_bargainsisters and as always check out our Facebook deals for daily bargains.
See you there and happy snacking!